Straight Talk About Invisalign From Dr. Vickie Greenberg
More than half a million patients can boast experience with Invisalign treatment. While this invisible method of moving teeth is proven to be effective, many would-be candidates for Invisalign treatment have confusion about whether it’s right for them. Here are some common questions and concerns about Invisalign, with straight answers from Dr. Greenberg.
Have you been told that Invisalign won’t fix your bite?
There are certain movements that are more successful with Invisalign than with braces – it just depends on the type of bite that you have. Invisalign statistics show that over 80% of bad bites (malocclusions) can be corrected by Invisalign. The other 20% can be corrected in conjunction with Invisalign by using braces that are hidden behind the teeth.
Are you worried that Invisalign is expensive?
The cost of Invisalign in most cases is comparable to traditional orthodontics. We do offer affordable financing options with low monthly payments. If it’s important to you to have straight teeth and a more confident smile, we will help make Invisalign affordable for you.
Have you heard that Invisalign doesn’t work?
Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment that requires special technique and product knowledge. Our office is well trained in this system and we have successfully treated a broad range of patient types.
Are you concerned about your speech being affected?
Most patients will not notice a significant change in their speech. Certain patients may take a couple of days to a couple of weeks to become accustomed to their aligners. The tongue typically adapts more quickly in patients who speak two languages.
Have you heard that you can’t drink liquids (including alcohol) with Invisalign?
You can certainly drink liquids while you’re in treatment. However, we recommend that when you do, you take the time to brush your teeth and clean your aligners afterward. If you’re away from home and don’t have access to your toothbrush, it’s best to rinse your aligners with water when your drink is finished. You can drink coffee and tea, but stay away from drinks that are too hot and drinks heavy in sugar.
Have you been told in the past you are not a candidate for Invisalign treatment?
Come in for a free consultation at Dr. Greenberg’s office. We have treated a wide variety of Invisalign cases and are comfortable with the technique. Most likely we can show you an example of a case similar to yours that we have treated successfully.